Flashback: Japanese Awadori Festival on Saipan

Usually held in April, the Tensuiren Tokyo, Koenji Dance Team sends a group of 20 to 30 dancers to perform at the Annual Japanese Awadori Festival. There is a local Awadori group on the island of saipan that includes approximately 50+ children ages 6-16 that will be performing as well. Here is a youtube clip from last year's festival held in the tourist district of Garapan. I can't wait until the 2011 Japan Awadori Festival which should be held in April. I will post more information as the new Saipan Awadori festival nears.



1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I try to collect flags from all over the world on my blog, and as your description says that you are in the northern mariana islands, which is one of the flags i don't have yet i hope you can do me the favor of visiting my blog, www.formybeautifullove.blogspot.com, and I wish you a lot of luck with your study

    sincerely,

    Max

    ReplyDelete